Before we move on to a new year it’s time to reflect on last year’s favorites.
- Pamela Barsky Pouches – I first discovered these cute pouches and sassy catchphrases on Instagram. I started following their feed and the hilarious quotes always make me laugh. I’m now the proud owner of a Pamela Barsky pouch and I highly recommend her products as gifts for other people or even just for yourself.
- 3D Crest White – I’m always on the lookout for teeth whitening products, because I drink way too much coffee. I’m usually pretty sceptical when it comes to these types of product but I actually believe that this one works (this could also be because I now spend twice as much time brushing my teeth). Overall, it’s a very affordable product and in my opinion worth the money.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream – I had a bad skin reaction to a beauty product I used over the summer. I couldn’t get rid of the inflamed feeling until I tried Elizabeth Arden. This truly is a miracle product and has changed my skincare routine dramatically. No more dry skin, rough patches, scars, or spots. I use this all-in-one product as a moisturizer, spot treatment and to heal small grazes on my body. Let’s just say that Elizabeth Arden can fix anything in eight hours.
- White Adidas – I usually prefer wearing heels but with all that walking in NYC I had to switch it up. These Adidas sneakers have quickly become a staple item in my closet. I wear them with jeans, dresses and even skirts. I’m a big fan of the white sneaker trend but I have to admit that I also just love how comfy they are. My walk to the subway has become a lot more enjoyable.
- Instant Happy Journal – A friend of mine got me this journal as a present. As a writer I was instantly inspired to write. The book is supposed to help you notice the moments of joy and gratitude in each day. If you have a hard time keeping a journal (like I do) this is a great way to get motivated and write a small prompt every day.
- LULU’s – I love shopping. I’ve always preferred going into stores and trying on clothes but the collection on LULU’s is so good that it just can’t compare to other stores. If something doesn’t fit they’ll send you another size free of charge. I’m a big fan and I’m afraid to admit how many of my recent purchases come from that website.
- Mod Made Paris Tower Side Chair – I have adored the Eames Molded Wood Side Chairs for quite some time but I didn’t want to spend $700 on a chair. About a year ago, I found a set of two on Amazon for roughly $100 and immediately ordered them. I won’t say that they are exact replica’s but they give my apartment a great contemporary colorful vibe. I’m still very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to other Eames fans.
- Blue Stone Lane – I have always loved coffee but after living in Melbourne I started appreciating a strong cup even more. When Blue Stone Lane opened their first location in the West Village I suddenly found myself down there very often. Thankfully, they’ve been quite successful and recently opened a location closer to my home on the Upper East Side too. A great spot for locals and tourists alike.
- Larabar – Vegan, raw, energy bars. They’re easy, delicious and healthy snacks on-the-go. I buy mine in Target but you can easily order them online or get them at the supermarket. I’ve quickly become addicted to them as they cure my cravings without the guilt. My fave is the chocolate chip cookie Larabar which I sometimes eat as dessert because it’s that good.
- Iphone 6S – I don’t think I have to explain that one!
I’d love to know what your favorite products/places of 2015 were. Leave a comment down below and I’ll make sure to check it out. Here’s to new memories and failures turned into wisdom.